Our professional instructors will guide you step-by-step so that you can learn line dancing or couple’s patterns. It is great fun and great exercise too! We want everyone who would like to learn line dancing to have the opportunity. Lessons are open to all ages and costs only $5. On Friday and Saturday nights the $5 cover also allows you to stay and enjoy the live bands. If ages 18-20, the cover Friday and Saturday night is $10.. No reservations required. It's great exercise, lots of fun and a nice way to make new friends.
*Cover charge subject to change without notice.*
Dance Lesson Schedule Starting January 2017
Beginners Line Dancing (Sally Shock) 6:00pm
Beginner Plus / Intermediate (Sally Shock) 6:30pm
Beginners Line Dancing (Bob Meredith) 6:30pm
Rock/Pop Line Dancing (Deb Zimmerman) 7:00pm
Couples Pattern Dancing (Sally & Merle Shock) 7:00pm
Left to Right: Deb Zimmerman, Bob Meredith, Sally Shock, Merle Shock.
Come join us at Backroads Saloon, "Where the pavement ends and the FUN begins!"
DANCE FLOOR ETIQUETTE
- Never bring food or drinks onto or across dance floor.
- Never stand on the floor to talk. If music has started and you're not dancing, please move behind rail.
- When dancing near beginners please be mindful, courteous and encouraging.
- Be helpful to visitors and newcomers.
- Outside circle dancers progress counter clockwise.
- If the floor is crowded, keep your movements and steps small in order to avoid collisions.
- Should you bump into someone, it is courteous to apologize no matter who may have been at fault.
- Don't stop dancing on the floor to teach another dancer while others are dancing. Please move off the floor to a quieter area.
- Never walk through a line of dancers to cross the floor. Please wait to go around.
- If you are doing a different dance than others around you, please find an area that is out of the pattern being done.
- If the dance you want to do is being done somewhere else on the floor, please join that dance.
- Please don't sit or lean on the railings encompassing the dance floor.
- Finally, keep your head up, keep smiling and have fun.